Getting to Manipal
Manipal is well connected by road, rail and air. There are two main cities close to Manipal that serve as entry points - Udupi and Mangalore. Udupi is 5 km from Manipal and Mangalore is 65 Km away.
Manipal is connected to the rest of the world through the international airport in Mangalore, which takes an hour and half to travel to by road. there are regular flights from Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore. Besides, most countries in the Gulf have direct flights to Mangalore. Those that do not have direct flights are connected otherwise. Pre-paid taxis are available at Mangalore airport.
Manipal is well connected with all the major cities in Karnataka, Kerala, Goa etc. Buses run between Mangalore and Manipal frequently. Direct buses are also available from Bangalore, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai and other cities.
- The closest railway stations are Udupi(Indrali, 5 Km from Manipal) and Mangalore
- These railway stations lie on the Konkan route connecting the North and the South along the west coast
- Delhi and Mumbai(to the north) and Ernakulam(to the south) are linked to Udupi station
- Mangalore station is connected to Bangalore, chennai, Delhi, Goa, Calicut, Cochin, Trivandrum, Mumbai and other major cities
- Those travelling from Kolkata can travel via Chennai/Mumbai/Bangalore/Goa and then take a connecting train to Mangalore
- There is also a train operating from Jammu to Mangalore once a week