About Karnataka Chapter of Anatomists
The genesis of Karnataka Chapter of Anatomists dates to 1999 as an offshoot of the parental body “Anatomical society of India” by our beloved madam Prof. Dr, S. Kantha. Its prime objective was to strengthen the personal and professional interactions among the anatomists across the state, especially postgraduates, the teaching and the technical faculty, and eminent anatomy faculty not only from the Department of Anatomy but also from the faculty of various other departments like dentistry, pathology, ayurveda, genetics, surgery, radiology, and other clinical specialties.
The Conference of the Chapter shall be held annually along with the annual general body meeting. The Conference shall consist of presentation of papers, communications, demonstrations, discussions on anatomical and other allied subjects and any other matter of academic interest as far as Anatomy and the scheduled subjects are concerned.
Anatomica Karnataka is an official Journal published by Karnataka Chapter of Anatomists, whose purpose is to publish new research findings in gross and Clinical Anatomy, Histology and Cell Biology, Human Genetics, Neuroanatomy, Evolution, Comparative anatomy, and related topics. It invites contributions to the journal in the form of original Articles, review Articles, Case Reports, Medical Education, and letters to Editor. The journal is published Tri annually in April, August, and December.
List of Office bearers of KCA as of 2023 April:
List of Awards conferred from KCA during the Annual Conference:
- Founder President: Dr. Mrs, S. Kantha
- President: Dr. B.S. Prakash
- Vice Presidents: Dr. Martin Lucas, Dr. Vidya C.S.
- Secretary: Dr. N.M. Suresh
- Joint Secretary: Dr. Padmalatha K
- Treasurer: Dr. Meenakshi Parthasarathy
- Executive Committee members: Dr. Suresh M Managutti, Dr. Rajapur Parashuram, Dr. Pushpa N.B., Dr. Seema S.R., Dr. Akhilandeshwari B., Dr. Ashwini C.A., Dr. Prathap J, Dr. Geetanjali B.S., Dr. T. Rajani
- Editor: Dr. Prakash B.S., C0-editor: Dr. Patil Shrish
- “Dr. Sayee Rajangem Gold Medal Award” for best paper in Genetics
- “Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College Gold medal award” for best paper in Gross Anatomy
- “Sri Jalappa Gold Medal Award” for best paper in Neuroanatomy Anatomy
- “Karnataka Institute of Medical Science Gold medal award” for best paper in Clinical Anatomy
- “Dr. Jawahar Y. Kadam Gold Medal Award” for best paper in Histology
- “Mookambika Gold Medal Award” for the “Best Paper Presented” at the annual KCA Conference by Dr. Mrs. S. Kantha Bengaluru.
- “Dr. Mrs S. Kantha Gold medal award” for best paper published in Anatomica Karnataka.
- “Dr. Prakash H.S. Gold Medal Award” for the “Maximum Papers Published Per Year” in KCA journal & in any other journal by life members of KCA.
- “Sushuratha Gold Medal Award” for Excellence in the field of Anatomy by Dr. N.M. Suresh, Bengaluru (Note: - Two awards are awarded in each year: - 1. Posthumous; 2. Lifetime).
- “Dr. B.R Ramesh Gold Medal Award” for the best outgoing postgraduate by Dr. Prakash B.S.
- “Dr. P.S. Bhusaraddi Gold Medal award in Anatomy for MBBS” in RGUHS examination by Dr. P.S. Bhusaraddi.
- “Dr. Nagesh Gold Medal Award in Anatomy for BDS” in RGUHS examination by R.V. Dental College.
- Dr. N.Thakar Naik Oration Award by Dr. Mr.S. kantha.
- Dr. Y. Appaji Oration Award by Dr. B.S. Prakash.
- “Shri G. Dayanand Oration Lecture” sponsored by SSIMS & RI, Hesargatta.
- “Dr. R. Viswanath Oration Lecture” sponsored by his students, Hubli 1984 batch.